One of the most exciting parts of planning a wedding is choosing what kinds of flowers to have and how to arrange them. It’s important to work with a florist that you know you can trust to create a beautiful display. Having worked with her mam in the family flower business for many years, Melanie took over in 2012 and Fussy Peacock Design was born!
“I completely fell in love with everything about weddings. I get so excited from the moment a client’s wedding enquiry arrives in my inbox. I love to hear all their ideas and dreams of their special day. I look forward to adding to their day with my stunning flower creations. With 17 years of experience, I always pride myself on creating a relationship with my clients so that I can bring their personality into my designs. I love to pay attention to the small details that are important to each client.” Melanie is very passionate about the work she does and was kind enough to share some tips with us for when we set out to plan our floral displays!
Fussy Peacock Design’s Tips
- When making an enquiry with your florist for your wedding day, it is helpful to have an idea of the style of bridal bouquet & bridesmaids bouquets that you like.
- If you have a guideline list of the number of bouquets, button holes, corsages you will need along with an idea of how you would like your church or ceremony room dressed this would be very helpful for your florist.
- Create a Pinterest Board and share it with your florist. This is great as both you and your florist can add ideas to it.
- At this point your florist will have a really good feel for your style. If you have a budget in mind please share it with your florist as this is very helpful when they are putting a proposal together for you. They will be able to make realistic suggestions to help achieve your ideas while keeping in budget.
- Don’t try to fill every area of your church, ceremony room or venue with flowers. Invest in a couple of really wow factor designs that can then be moved to your dining room. Ask your florist to create pieces that will start conversations between your guests and leave a lasting memory.
- If you choose one flower to be the main theme for your church or venue design, it really creates the wow factor. For example, hydrangeas and delphiniums….these are amazing and are so full and luxurious.
- Choose flowers that are in season as they will be available in abundance.
As Melanie mentioned, choosing flowers that are in season will mean you won’t have any issues sourcing them and you’ll have plenty to work with! Melanie, completely spoiling us with all of her expert information, has also prepared a list of what flowers are in season at different times of the year!