For almost 25 years, Joy’s Flowers have been delivering joy all around Dublin and its surrounding areas. Run by a family of florists, it’s so much more than a business; it’s a passion.
“Some say it’s our love for the art of floristry, others say that it’s the personal but professional way we do business that makes the difference. But we like to think it comes down to something even more special… family!”
“If floristry is our passion, weddings are the icing on our cake. It’s where we at Joy’s get to create lasting images and memories. For nearly 25 years we’ve been privileged to play our part in people’s big day. From the simple to the spectacular, there’s nothing more we love than help you dream up your perfect day.”
Joyful Tips & Tricks
- We always advise couples to make an appointment to have a chat about their wedding flowers. Sitting down, having a nice chat and going through different ideas and styles can really help you decide what it is you would and wouldn’t like for your wedding flowers. At first, you may be drawn towards a traditional rose bouquet but, after our chat, you might find that a more wild, informal style is for you.
- Give yourself plenty of time to choose your wedding flowers. We have weddings booked up to a year in advance. It is a good idea to contact your florist when you have booked your venue and church. We may have designed the venue or church before and can offer good tips on what you would need.
- If you have a design board, pictures of your wedding dress or fabric swatch, please bring them along. It’s great for us to see what ideas you have and then we can work together to bring them alive. Please don’t worry if you haven’t chosen your bridesmaids dresses. We can start work on choosing the style of flowers you like and then the colours can fall into place after.
- If you simply don’t know a rose from a hydrangea, fret not because your florist is there to advise you. Sometimes couples like a particular flower but it may not be in season. For example, the beautiful peony rose. Try not to get too worried as there is always a nice, if not better, alternative.
- We encourage couples to re-use flowers from their ceremony. Arrangements and aisle flowers can be used to decorate your reception area and perhaps the 2nd day of celebrations. It’s a shame to not enjoy your flowers for longer!