Planning and prepping for a wedding is time consuming stuff. Never again will we spend a whole year perfecting the shape of our eyebrows or, let’s face it, being so meticulous in our eating and exercise habits. There are, however, plenty of ways to get ourselves wedding-ready that don’t require much time or effort.
Today, let’s start with skincare. Nothing gives our confidence such a massive boost quite like having clear, healthy skin. We’ve pulled together a few simple tips that will have you feeling confident and care-free.
– A lot easier said than done, but early nights really are the key. Sleep is magic when it comes to fighting dark circles under the eyes and clearing up any blemishes. Try your best to get the hours in and your skin will thank you for it!
– Water, water and more water! Drink it like a fish. We don’t need to be told the benefits of drinking water for our skin. It flushes out toxins and hydrates our skin in a way no moisturiser can! Tea and coffee (both magic in their own ways!) are actually quite dehydrating and the caffeine can even irritate acne-prone skin. Maybe even just once a day, try swapping that second cup of coffee or tea for a glass of water.
– Never have a facial the week before your wedding. It’s way too risky! There’s always the chance that you could have a reaction to the treatment and that kind of stress is the last thing you need.
– For the same reason, don’t change any of your skincare products in the final few weeks before the wedding. As our pal Derrick Carberry said, you don’t want to try out new products and break out or have a reaction to them close to the big day. Even if there aren’t any uncommon ingredients in the products, you just don’t know how your skin is going to react. It’s definitely not worth the risk. In this situation, play it safe and stick to what you know.
– Be sure to take your makeup off every night before going to sleep. Sometimes, late at night, our beds call to us and it’s hard not to take a running jump in under the duvet. Power through and cleanse that face. You’ll be thankful in the morning and, of course, on your wedding day.
– Weddings often call for our very first gym memberships and strict exercise regimes. Be sure to cleanse your face before and after working out. Any dirt or makeup on your face when you exercise will clog your pores.
– As we all know, the food we eat is a major contributor to the state of our skin. If you want to have that healthy glow on your wedding day, you may have to pack up the junk food for a while.
– If you’re stressed, your skin shows it. Try to have all the final details sorted so that you can enjoy the week before your wedding. The day itself will be super busy so make sure you give yourself time to relax and enjoy the excitement in the days before.
Have you got any skincare tips of your own? Share them with us in the comments below. We’d love to hear about them!